Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sew I Start....Again

Well it's been quite a while since I've posted     I've even changed my moniker several times   I think I'll stick with this one for a while.  OOPS changed again   now Sew On and So Forth

The girls were here and as anticipated we had fun with them,
they arrive with grandpa

tea party with opa

just chillin'  talking to mom

how far can you spit that seed?

Mine WILL go farther

Snuggle and read   yeahh!

at grammie's pool

should I or shouldn't I
bird bath fillin'

 didn't do half of what I had planned.  Some didn't pan out.... like the pony rides, and some we just didn't have time for.  I did accomplish two of my goals for the week though.  They each did make a pillow case and mostly enjoyed it. they oohed and ahhhed while shopping my stash and both found pieces they love;  some sewing frustration but both were happy with the end result.  They took them home with them instead of using them here. I underestimated the time it would take and Molly wanted hers to have appliqued lady bugs so hers was much more involved.  They did both like "driving" their machines on their own.  
QUILTERS IN THE MAKING!!
The other goal was just some old fashioned free time without structure at all.  It did take a few days of "what can we do, I'm bored" for them to figure out that they could just play, explore...inside, outside make up their own games and just BE.   They had tricycle, plasma car races, nature walks in our little woods, rock climbing, watermelon seed spitting contests and lots of ice cream and cookies.
Enough for today 
Next posts to catch up   Quilt Retreat in New Hampshire and my Guild's biennial show  Pictures promised.

Find the positive in everything

No comments:

Post a Comment